When it comes to running a business, your number one priority should be satisfying your customers right and making sure their expectations are constantly met. Which now brings me to my number one question: what is the most important thing you can do to improve relationships with your customers?
The answer is right in front of you! Very obvious right? This is: improve customer support. The truth is, no matter how amazing your product is or how professional your staff is, one important thing that most customers are likely to remember is the direct connection they have with your company.
Your customer service team acts as the first point of contact for your company, and customers’ experiences will be established by the skill and competence of the support they receive.
A great company will already set up a good customer support and establish relationships with it’s customers. But an intelligent company
will keep asking “How can we always give good customer support?”
If you are not continuously on the
lookout for avenues to improve your customer support, then your relationships with your customers will remain stagnant.
Below are a few tips on how to be the best at serving customers:
- Strengthen your customer support skills: If your customer service team needs further trainings, by all means, train them. This is an investment you would want to make especially when your business is gaining more traction and your customer base keeps increasing – you need all the expertise you can get.
- Look at every touch point: Pay attention and carefully analyse those areas you feel are not necessary. Reverse is always the case, because when you begin to take cognizance of every aspect of your business, you would realize that they need as much attention as possible.
- Improve your customer interactions: Communicate back! When a customer contacts your business, the ideal thing to do is respond back. No matter how silly the question may be, your response goes a long way to improving customer interaction.
- Make sure your reps are engaged: Keep an eye on your reps and ensure they are following through with their tasks. No one wants to have reps that are idle, so ensure their hands are busy, either responding to a customer mail or high-five’ing each other on a job well done!
- Give your customers a way to give feedback: Something creative you may want to do is having a review system in your business. You always want your customers to feel like they are part of the company right? So make sure every now and then, you ask them for reviews or a simple 2 min survey every week could do the trick.